Thursday 8 October 2009

IRVING PENN vogue

Photographer Irving Penn has died
"

LEGENDARY photographer Irving Penn has died in his home in New York - he was 92. Penn began taking photographs for US Vogue in the early Forties and shot over 150 covers for the magazine - more than any other photographer.

"In my career, I have met no one else who worked with the level of imaginative intensity and economy of Irving Penn," US Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour told WWD. "His photographs were as exquisite and electrifying in the last year of his life as they were in 1943, when he started contributing to Vogue. To have been a colleague and friend of one of the greatest artists of the 20th century is a privilege greater than I could have ever imagined."

One of Penn's favourite subjects was his wife Lisa Fonssagrives, a leading fashion model of the Forties and Fifties who appeared in some of Penn's most widely reproduced pictures. They were married in 1950 and remained together until her death in 1992.

"In [Penn's] fashion shots," Colin McDowell wrote in 2000, "it is the light in the spaces around the figures that gives it a unique quality. His fashion work was intimate but distant, a mixture of grandeur and emotion.""

No comments:

SHE CREATES ANOTHER WORLD:
http://shefakesit.tumblr.com/

Her past

These images do not belong to me....well some do...but I will point out which do....so yeah I have no rights to these photographs.
This is just ermmm...inspiration....for me...stuff that don't fit on my poor wrecked laptop...and my fucked up head...and huge, old skechbook..and hmmm...if you wanna look through my stuff go ahead...this is what blogs are for, right?...

YOU KNOW ALL THIS SHIT anyway....

Stay away stay away SHE's a heel of a devil SHE will make you sway.

free counters